Step by step guide to setup WakeUpSales on Windows.
This procedure describes the installation of Wakeupsales CRM v4.0 with MySQL storage on MS Windows VMs and computers. It works just fine with Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 (though, we recommend using Win 8 or Win 10).
- Pre-installed or Fresh installation of MS Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10.
- Single, working network connection with a fixed IP address.
- RAM: 1GB/Gig (Windows 7 VM), 1.5GB/Gig (Windows 7 physical), 2GB/Gigs or more (Windows 8/10)
- 2GB/Gigs of NTFS formatted free disk space.
- User Account Control disabled on Win Vista and Win 7.
- Ability to use the Windows GUI and command prompt.
- Any 3rd party firewall configured correctly during the installation.
Expected time for Installation:30 mins to 45 mins *(under expert supervision)
Software’s to download before starting the installation of Wakeupsales CRM:
- Rails Installer: railsinstaller 1.2.0
- XAMPP: xampp-win32-1.7.4-VC6-installer.exe
- Rubygems: rubygems-1.8.5.zip
Follow these steps to install Wakeupsales CRM Open Source Edition in Windows Environment:
Step 1: Install XAMPPDownload XAMPP from here: https://www.apachefriends.org/download.htmlThen, refer the steps mentioned below to Install XAMPP on the Windows machine.
- Right click on the XAMPP installer package and "Run as Administrator" to open the installer screen as shown below. Click OK to proceed.
- Click ‘Next’ to proceed.
- Again click ‘Next’ to go ahead with the installation using the default settings.
- Create a folder Named "XAMPP" under any directory and browse it to select it as the installation folder as shown below.
- In the output window, click next to proceed.
- Another ‘Next’ to go to the next stage.
- Now you will be able to see the progress as shown in the image below.
- Now XAMPP is successfully installed, click Finish to start XAMPP.
- Then go to http://127.0.0.1/phpmyadmin for database access.
Step 2: Install Ruby
# Error Possibility: If you get an ERROR at this stage (as seen in the screenshot above).Note: Here default port is 3000.
Voila! The Wakeupsales CRM is successfully installed on your system.
- First you have to download & install ruby 2.0.0
- Go to http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads to download Ruby 2.0.0
- Make sure you download the ‘2.0.0-p648 version’
- Install ruby on your system. Once the installation is complete, click on start menu & go to "Start command prompt with ruby".
- Go to your application path & check your ruby version by running ‘ruby –v’ . It will display the ruby version installed in your system.
- Go to your application path and put the command gem install bundler .
- For SSL error follow this link and download the gem file
- To download the gem file, go to:- https://rubygems.org/gems/rubygems-update-2.0.0.gem
- Then run the following command:
gem install --local C:\Users\Andolasoft\Downloads\rubygems-update-2.0.0.gem
*(Here you have to mention your path of the downloaded gem file)
- Then run the Following command: update_rubygems
- Comment out the unsupported gems from gem file
- gem 'therubyracer', :platforms => :ruby
- gem 'less-rails'
- Then Change gem 'font-awesome-less’ to gem 'font-awesome-rails’ in gem file.
- Run the command:
- gem install bundler
- bundle install
- You might get an error during bundle install (refer to the below screenshot):
- If you get the error, follow these steps:Download devkit for ruby 2.0.0(To download devkit go to: https://rubyinstaller.org/downloads/)Follow below steps to install devkit:
- Download the Devkit package
- Unzip it in a folder
- Go to the same folder through command line (Start command prompt with ruby)
- Run these two commands:-
- ruby dk.rbinit
- ruby dk.rb install
- Go back to the Wakeupsales folder. Start command prompt with rubyand run the following command: bundle install
- Once bundle is executed successfully, create the database by using the following steps:
- Go to the downloaded folder of the application and navigate to the config folder. Open the database.yml file to set the username and password of your mysql.
- Then run the following command: rake db:create
*Note: If the below error occurs while creating database
- Open the Gemfile (Wakeupsales_opensource_crm > railscrm> Gemfile) and replace: gem 'sidekiq' to gem 'sidekiq', '4.2.9'
- Run the command again: rake db:create
- Populate all the tables required for the app. rake db:migrate
- Then Run the following command:rake db:seed
- Now run the following command to start the server: rails s
- Browse the Wakeupsales CRM website by typing: http://YourIPaddress:3000 For example: http://192.168.0.2:3000
- First you have to download & install ruby 2.0.0
This installation procedure/steps is provided to you without any express or implied warranty and using it is entirely at your own risk. Installing any software on a computer can have unintended consequences. We recommend you to back up your important files before starting with the installation process.